Which Hotel Brand has the Most Projects in the United States Pipeline? [Infographic]
With 40 projects in the current U.S. pipeline, Aloft Hotels has a bright future in North America
This may come as a surprise to some, but the answer to which hotel brand has the most projects in the United States' pipeline is aloft Hotels, Marriott International's super hip property that is largely aimed at millenial guests.
That's right, at present there are currently 40 aloft Hotels in the United States' project pipeline, making that brand the leader. Next in line in terms of the most prolific brands is Cambria Hotels, which currently has 33 projects on the way in the United States. While third on the list is possibly the least surprising entry for those who are familiar with the North American market: Hampton Inn, which as 32 projects coming soon but is less of a newcomer to American cities.
All of these numbers come courtesy of a recent report from the TOPHOTELCONSTRUCTION database.
The U.S. Hotel Project Pipeline Overall
Overall, the hotel project pipeline in the United States is a healthy one, with 1,030 projects coming soon. Once opened, these hotels will bring the market in the country a grand total of 209,778 rooms to offer guests.
A whopping 74 percent of these hotels fall into the first class category while the other 26 percent have been designated as luxury properties, according once again to the TOPHOTELCONSTRUCTION database. It's also important to note that 544 properties—which constitute 53 percent of those in the pipeline—are scheduled to make their debuts in the year 2018.
More About aloft Hotels
aloft Hotels was first conceived by Starwood back in 2005, as a hipper addition to a roster of brands that already included Sheraton, Westin and W Hotels. The idea was that Aloft would be an option that would give Starwood a market of more contemporary hotels, or, as that market is now called, boutique hotels.
When Aloft first made its debut, it was designated in marketing as "A Vision of W Hotels," and to make it happen, Starwood worked with the architectural company Rockwell Group on the design.
Aloft started its life in North America and has since been taken to other parts of the world. Now, the brand currently has locations in Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, England, Germany, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and Uruguay.
Let's take a look at a few projects currently underway in the United States of America:
The tower, dubbed 20 Times Square, will rise 517 feet above street level and will contain 269,769 square feet of commercial space …[READ MORE]
Spread over nearly 16 acres of prime beachfront real estate, Rosewood Miramar Beach Montecito will offer 122 guestrooms and 48 suites, many of which will be located in single-story cottages and bungalows …[READ MORE]
Proposed luxury hotel and retail shops at the corner of North Palm Canyon Drive and Alejo Road. The hotel will be branded as an Andaz hotel. …[READ MORE]
More information on hotel projects in the United States of America can be found in the TOPHOTELPROJECTS database. TOPHOTELPROJECTS is the specialized service provider of cutting-edge information of the hospitality industry.
Related Brand: Cambria Suites
Cambria® Hotels are designed for the modern traveler, offering guests a distinct experience with simple, guilt-free
indulgences allowing them to treat themselves while on the road. Properties feature compelling design inspired by the
location, spacious and comfortable rooms, flexible meeting space, and local freshly prepared food and craft beer. Cambria
Hotels is rapidly expanding in major U.S. cities, with hotels open in Chicago, New York City, Pittsburgh, Washington, D.C.,
and Los Angeles. There are more than 35 Cambria properties open across the United States, and over 100 hotels open or in
the pipeline in the U.S. and Canada.
Phone: +49 4261 4140 309
- Supply Construction
USA & Canada, United States